Have you ever wonder how fish are cooked in various place in different country. I have tasted different style and method of fish curry from different place . Today i am going to demonstrate you on how fish curry is cooked in a one northeastern state called manipur.in this place fish is cooked by in different ways. One they chopped into small pieces and cooked with lots of spices and other one is by cutting it in large pieces and fry it and cooked with lots of brot.
Here i am going to demonstrat on how they cook the fish by cutting it into small pieces. And this is one of my most favorite, most tasties and flavourful method of cooking till date as compare to other method being cooked in different country.
Here is a short paragraph regarding this recipe.
Locally called Nga atoiba thongba in manipuri or disintegrated fish curry is one of the most commonly eaten vegetarian food.In this type of fish curry there is no need of deep frying the fish pieces.
In this type of fish curry fish are cut into small square bite size pieces,that's why it is called disintegrated fish.This type of fish curry is served in every meitei feast where fish curry are allowed to serve.
- 1kg square cut fish pieces.
- square chopped potatoes
- chopped tomatoes
- Green peas
- chinese chives
- red chilli powder
- garam masala
- jeera(fennel seed)
- Bay leaves
- green chillies
- Hing for flavor.
- First heat some oil in a wok and then fry the bay-leaves,put Jeera and coriander seeds and put onion stir till the onions are golden brown in colour.
- Then put the fish pieces and fry for about 2-3 min.it is important not to broke the pieces.
- then put the square shaped potatoes green peas and chopped tomatoes
- fry for another 5 min with carefully stiring it.
- At this time we can add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- pour some water according to requirement and let it boil for around 10-15 mins under medium.
make sure the potatoes is well cook.
- After 15 min put 4-5 pieces of Heiribop, green chilli and Hing
Hing is added to remove fresh fishy smell from the curry.
- Then add some garam masala/kitchen king to produce an aromatic fish curry smell
- Finally add some chopped coriander for garnishing and cook for about 2 min.
Heiribop is mainly used in any type of fish curry to produce an aromatic and extra flavour besides garam masala .
STAY SAFE EVERYONE STAY HOME .BE SAFE FROM CORONAVIRUS