Previously I posted a review of the #Chia Farming process (#XCH):
Since that review, Pools have been introduced and therefore I am providing an update.
Since the release of Official Pools, things are starting to balance out a bit. The link above will help you understand the nuts-and-bolts on what Chia Farming is and how to do it.
You can find more technical details at chia.net
- Energy consumption is way lower than mining any other alt coin
- You can plot farms on most any quad-core CPU
- Small HDDs are easy to find or can be salvaged off old machines
- Pooling is offered now. You don't need to proof a block in order to accumulate #XCH
- The Official Pools are secure and you maintain control of earned chia and the payout threshold for this pool (Space Pool) is 0.01 XCH
- Some of the Chinese farmers have banded together to form ad-hoc pools
- One of the largest is literally claiming >33% of all Chia
- The estimated worldwide storage pool is >35EBs (yes, that's Exobytes!)
- Top 3 pools shown
- It is almost impossible to compete as a solo miner
- Storage is becoming hard to find at reasonable prices
- Chia is not listed on most exchanges
- If you switch from solo to pool mining, you must replot all of your farming plots
- If you switch from pool to pool, you will not need to replot
Top 10 pools are shown (by size)
Please follow and feel free to ask questions in the comments.