I’m still coding in C this week, but a new tool, array, was thrown into the mix. It’s supposed to make writing loops easier. I just used it in my first assignment. But since I had such a hard time finishing the assignment, I didn’t feel having access to arrays made my life any easier.
Anyway, I just spent two days doing the first assignment for Week 2. I was like, WTF, just fucking get it done already! Why the fuck am I taking such a long fucking time to finish one fucking assignment? It’s absolutely frustrating. But, the good thing about being older is that I now know what I am (in)capable of. So I don’t go over a useless routine like, “Man, I’m so fucking stupid.” I get frustrated with myself but I accept wholeheartedly who I am. Also, I know I'm not stupid but within one standard deviation of the mean IQ.
Here is a list of progress I made this week so far plus stuff I still need to learn:
- I’m getting comfortable with curly brackets.
- I found out that the order in which I write conditions matter. My codes were giving me weird output and so I switched the positions of two of the conditions. That’s all it took to fix the issue. Sweet.
- I’m still iffy with when to use for loop vs. while loop.
- Use when I know how many times it will loop.
- Has an initialization step
- Use increment/decrement step
- Use when I don’t know how many times it will loop.
- No initialization step
- No increment/decrement step.
- It saves time if I started with good pseudo code. Pseudo codes are basically like an outline when you’re writing an essay. It helps to map out what you’re trying to accomplish.
A couple of more assignments to go before moving on to Week 3! Let’s see how long they’re going to take to complete.