The links to the crypto sites in this article are affiliate links. Furthermore, I use shorte.st to shorten hyperlinks. I get a few cents when users click the links, and I get rewarded if users register using these links. However, my personal experiences with these sites have been beneficial enough that I can promote them without feeling like a shill.
I will gladly provide clean links upon request.
This article is not a "get rich quick" article. This refers to sites and strategies which I personally use. It is entirely possible that my actions and subscriptions could lead to financial loss. As such, constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome.
This week has a handful of changes, none of which are good for my passive income:
- I removed Ax Trader after confirming that it is, indeed, a scam. Fortunately, it only cost me $9; I've read reports of others losing hundreds of dollars, so I consider myself lucky to have only lost the cost of a combo meal.
- I also removed Presearch because a web search engine that does not return reliable results with reliable performance is essentially useless to me. Also, having to search several times a day for five years in order to cash out is a huge waste of my time.
- The combination of mining software closing without any visible error and my current living quarters not currently equipped to physically support my high-performance computer mean that I am not using it to mine anything.
Complicating matters further is that my life and my budget are a hot mess. I'm moving in the right direction to clear up both, but the progress has been fractions of baby steps instead of the expected baby steps. Oof.
But some passive income is better than no passive income, so let's see how my crypto portfolio looks this week.
Browse with Brave Browser
Still a decent browser, though my negative mood has prompted me to hide ad notifications instead of clicking them, which generates no BAT. So I'm cutting off my node to spite my face.
HAR HAR HAR HA- ...seriously, John Oliver. Why aren't you returning my calls?!?
Check Publish0x at least three times a day
There have been at least two days this week where I could barely get out of bed. Even now, I'm essentially rolling a saving throw every ten minutes to keep awake and focused on writing.
Stake AWC with Atomic Wallet
I'm up to roughly $0.11/day in AWC. Meanwhile, the APRs for staking BNB have dropped; I'm guessing that BNB's rising value is one of the causes. This tempts me to continue staking AWC and not worry about BNB. My APR for staking AWC will rise to 20% once my stake reaches 1,000 AWC and again to 23% when my stake reaches 10,000 AWC. And at current prices, 10,000 AWC would be worth about $23,600. So AWCs away!
- Stake ALGO on Binance US
I won't expect another staking payment until roughly 2021-05-05, but my current ALGO balance is worth 53% more than what I paid for it. That's encouraging.
Build interest with BTC deposits on BlockFi
No changes here, so the rate's still $0.01/day in BTC.
Build interest with USDT deposits on CoinLoan
No changes here, so the rate's still $0.03/day in USDT.
- Build interest on Cointiply
After cashing out on HoneyMiner, I transferred the BTC to Cointiply. I'm roughly 15,000 Cointiply coins away from reaching the $0.07/week threshold that will allow me to add this to the scoreboard. Not being able to consistently play Hideout TV videos will slow things down, but I'm still poised to reach the $0.01/day threshold during the summer instead of at the end of it.
- Purchase Socially-Responsible Investments on E*Trade
It's probably for the best that I don't check my account on a daily basis. My combined investments and idle cash are worth 4% than my initial investment. Oof.
- Use HashShiny to mine BTC, ETH, and DCR
There's nothing that I want to do with HashShiny until my three withdrawal dates in 2023. In the meantime, their reported earnings minus their chaotic "electricity fees" round down to $1.35/day in BTC, $0.11/day in ETH, and $0.15/day in DCR.
- Shop online with Lolli
I probably won't make significant online purchases until June, but if/when I do, Lolli will be my first stop.
- Generate RLT with RollerCoin
No changes here. I'm getting $0.02/day in RLT as long as I occasionally log in to recharge the electricity.
To calculate my daily total, I'm being purposely pessimistic. I'm only counting income that is reasonably guaranteed. I'm excluding all investments until/unless I can demonstrate steady, provable, passive income greater than or equal to $0.01/day. For fractions of a US cent, I round down to the nearest whole cent.
Figures are based on values as of 2021-04-17 05:20pm PST:
- The price of 1 BTC was $60,494.25.
- The price of 1 ETH was $2,342.16.
- The price of 1 BNB was $519.88.
- The price of 1 DCR was $228.90.
- The price of 1 AWC was $2.36.
- The price of 1 ALGO was $1.70.
- The price of 1 BAT was $1.49.
- The price of 1 AMPL was $1.25.
- The price of 1 USDC was $1.00.
- The price of 1 USDT was $1.00.
- RollerCoin equated 1 RLT with 1 USDT.
- The price of 1 DAI was $1.00.
- The price of 1 LRC was $0.76.
$0.11/day in AWC
$0.01/day in BTC
$0.03/day in USDT
$1.35/day in BTC
$0.11/day in ETH
$0.15/day in DRC
$0.02/day in RLT
This adds up to $1.78/day in reliable, passive income. That's an additional $649.70/year in reinvestment power.
I'd be more upset about the serious drop in passive income if it were a higher priority. Right now, I need to focus on restoring my physical and mental health, getting my debt (and the behaviors that generate debt) under control, and invest in my individual projects and my group projects with Soggy. As such, I predict that #SatoshisSaturday blog posts will be relatively static until sometime in mid-June at the very least.
How are your crypto portfolios doing?