While refining the NOIA App and its underlying network, they also found time to implement already the third batch of backbone infrastructure that our business team lately got their hands on. About that and more below.
NOIA Network Software Updates:
- Implemented improved Logging and Authorization;
- Updated missing dependencies;
- Working on Performance optimization.
- Improved Controller’s UI/UX:
- Public User zone (registration and login);
- App tunnel connect/disconnect function;
- Updated refactored Controller Server’s table;
- Refactored server’s data plane and control flow for the new network backbone provider;
- Integrated the new Authorization for the BI;
- Implemented the Single server route control;
- Exposed additional parameters for the Controller’s UI/UX;
- Implemented the predefined SR Path policies control;
- Working on Traffic Management for implementing Apps and Servers.
- Integrated the 3rd network backbone provider;
- Building the final automated process for deploying any type of server with connected 3rd party providers (including Ansible scripts).
- After testing NOIA Worldwide network backbone via SRv6 discovered new VPP issues and challenges concerning performance;
- Improving the VPP network’s traffic performance.
- Working on the NOIA App’s connection with the NOIA SDN (Mac): Finished developing the Error handling mechanism. The App is in the pre-prod stage;
- Working on the NOIA App’s connection with the NOIA SDN (Windows): Finished developing the statics measuring mechanism and the installation process. The App is in the pre-prod stage;
- Working on the NOIA App’s connection with the NOIA SDN (Linux): Finished improving the Userspace and the Kernel space. The App is in the pre-prod stage.
To summarize what NOIA consists of as a technology and a product today, there are 2 most important elements to point out:
- The Network — steadily growing in size and capacity, serving as a highway for your traffic.
- Routing Technology (SDN) — running on top of the network and governing the rules within it.
The Network provides the highway infrastructure and the SDN brings the intelligence element to it. In combination, you get a system that takes your request (or traffic) coming in from point A and zaps it via the most efficient path on the internet straight to Point B avoiding any obstacles on its way.