I'm very happy to announce the first crypto-experiment for our Blog Cryptolohy. The main idea is to explore the world of crypto with a hands-on approach, in the future we want to have as many different experiments running in the background. If you have a suggestion for an experiment, please let us know in the comment section.
This experiment consists of holding Tezos for 1 year. That is to say, from:
August 30, 2019, to August 30, 2020.
The expectation is to find how many gains we could achieve in one year if any.
But, first, let's start with the basics:
What is Tezos?
In very basic terms, Tezos innovates within the space of On-Chain governance, by creating a network that is self-amending, meaning that if there is any disagreement about what the network should do, the changes could be implemented via a vote. This is potentially a huge improvement with extremely powerful implications, because, if implemented well, it would reduce or eliminate the inclination of very active members to do hard forks. Just imagine if all the participants that are now trapped in Bitcoin Cash could be still working on Bitcoin, yeah I know,...
Here is an explainer video by Cryptofiend.
Why do I think it Might Go Up?
The innovation of on-chain governance is such a huge deal that, if done correctly, could lead Tezos to a dominant position in the future.
What are the rules of the experiment?
- Put fiat into Tezos every month.
- Report on it every second day of the month.
- Do not retrieve any money that is tagged on this experiment (I might have other Tezos holdings in the future that will not form part of this experiment, but if I report on a certain amount, I cannot withdraw those till one year later)
- Try to learn as much as possible about the Tezos project.
- Try to educate as many people about the Tezos project.
- Try to engage as much as possible with the Tezos community.
4.83 USD = 4,540226 XTZ
Let's see what happens!