Today I will show you how to use official bridge to migrate from Ethereum mainnet to Optimistic Ethereum network (2nd layer solution).
As always there is only one requirement - you need to have metamask installed and configured (mnemonics saved in safe places and you are able to restore it on 2nd browser - better check it to not regret later)
Add network to metamask
To add Optimistic Ethereum network simply go to https://chainlist.org/ and search for Optimistic - chainID: 10 - here I've made step by step instruction how to add Polygon network manually if you want to make it by yourself
just use this details:
Network Name: Optimistic Ethereum
New RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io/
Chain ID: 10
Currency Symbol: OETH
Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.etherscan.io/
1) First go to https://gateway.optimism.io/ - (if you have choosen different network than Ethereum mainnet just change network to Ethereum mainnet and reload page)
2) It's time to connect your metamask account to the site below self explaining screens how to do so (choose account you would like to use and then hit Next and Connect buttons
3) After that done you should be able to see this site simply put amount of ETH (in my case I will send 0.05 ETH) to be bridged between Ethereum and Optimistic Ethereum network - and hit deposit button
4) When amount provided and deposit button clicked you will see confirmation in metamask and you need to follow steps to confirm transaction and then you will see this view
5) After 21 confirmation on Ethereum network will be counted your ETH should appear on Optimistic Ethereum network
Cost of transfering ETH to Optimistic Etherem depends on Ethereum network congestion -> GAS. I've made transfer (bridge) transaction on 11th October 2021 around 3 pm UTC time and paid for it ~0.03 ETH (~$102). After that done I've deposited my transfered ETH to staking and paid for it ~0.0007 ETH (~$2.3). For transfer between wallets/accounts GAS costs are around $1 in OETH. And both transactions was done under a second instead of minutes.
Hope that this article will bring some light on how to start using Optimistic Ethereum 2nd layer solution.
If you have any question don't hasitate to leave them in comment section.
Remember to hit Follow if don't want to miss out any future articles.
My personal token can be trade on centralized exchange: kanga exchange CHAR-ETH
All details about token can be found: CHAR personal token
Don't have account at binance (get 10% from commision back on every trade): binance
Are you interested in Programming check my blog: charubiniak.pl