I decided to do this full introduction on how to start using 2 layer solution called Polygon (before MATIC) where you don't need to pay high transaction fees like in Ethereum blockchain and it still is secure.
In this article we will start with connecting to polygon network and getting free native token that we will use to pay for GAS in Polygon - called $MATIC.
There is only one requirement - you need to have metamask installed and configured (mnemonics saved in safe places and you are able to restore it on 2nd browser - better check it to not regret later)
Add network to metamask
So after you are done with installation and configuration of metamask it's time to add Polygon/Matic sidechain.
Here is view where you can add new network to your Metamask installation:
On next window you need to put this information:
- Network Name: Matic/Polygon Mainnet (you can use whatever name you like)
- New RPC URL: https://rpc-mainnet.maticvigil.com/
- Chain ID: 137
- Currency Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.matic.network/ (without it you will not be able to automatically open transactions details from metamask)
If you don't want to add it manually then you can go to: https://chainlist.org/ and search for Matic mainnet in search input and simply connect your metamask wallet there.
From now on you will be able to choose Matic/Polygon Mainnet. To test it you can go to i.e. https://quickswap.exchange/ and try to login.
Getting MATIC for free
From this method you will be able to get up to 0.0015 MATIC per day. Here we go!
- Go to matic faucet it looks like this
- Make sure that in your Metamask you have choosen previously added Polygon/Matic mainnet network
- Resolve captcha and click on Connect button
- Last step is resolving captcha one more time and click on Receive button. After few seconds you should see
- If you used all Matic you can get more up to three times a day (minimum 15 minutes between claims)
If you use Ethereum for some time then Matic/Polygon works the same but GAS fees are much cheaper. You don't need to invest any money to give it a try because of those free MATIC's given via faucet.
Let me know what do you think about such step by step tutorials for beginners.
All details about token can be found: CHAR personal token
My personal token can be trade on centralized exchange: kanga exchange CHAR-ETH
Don't have account at binance (get 10% from commision back on every trade): binance
Are you interested in Programming check my blog: charubiniak.pl