Something to consider before reading this post:
Is your environment creating unwanted chaos in your life?
Is your home filled with clutter that you can't stand? Do the colors make you feel tense and uncomfortable? Are there things you walk past everyday that annoy you when you see them? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you might be living in a messy environment. Living in disorganization causes undue stress. There is enough stress in the world, so why do we put up with it in the environments we live in? Living in a space that makes you anxious, annoyed or downright mad can drain precious energy from you. But the good news is, this is easy to fix!
Your environment should be a calm, happy, welcoming place. It’s the one area that should be a haven, so create the environment that makes living in the moment easier. This is also one of the easiest ways we can take control of what is going on around us. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. De-clutter your space. When your home is a mess your mind is likely to follow creating unnecessary chaos all around you. You don’t have to keep your home immaculate all the time. It simply means putting things back where they belong, cleaning up spilled messes and getting rid of things you no longer love, need, or want.
2. Stay ahead of chores. It’s easy to put off doing 2-minute chores or multi-task chores when you’re busy, but the longer you put it off the more they grow. Then you get overwhelmed. Stay on top of it and do tasks on a daily or weekly basis. If you don't have time, hire someone to help you from time to time.
3. Bring nature indoors. Decorate with fresh flowers. They smell good and help keep you calm. Natural elements create peace. Get houseplants and add natural elements like wood or shells. Open curtains or blinds to see outdoor views.
4. Organize your space. Organize those piles of paper by going through the mail as soon as you bring it into the house. Take one cabinet, drawer or section of your house and spend a few minutes organizing. Toss the junk, donate what you can and have a place for what you decide to keep. Do the same for closets and cabinets. You can easily clean and organize your whole house in a short period of time approaching it this way.
5. Create your 'Calm Space'. Designate a private calming place where you can unwind and recharge. Paint your walls a soothing color such as cool shades of green or blue or earth tones. Surround yourself with candles, photos of loved ones, relaxing music, throw pillows, a quilt, and anything that calms you.
Your home is the place where you should feel relaxed, comfortable, and safe. We often overlook our space but it's one of the easiest places to take control of. Taking the time to clean up your environment can have surprising impacts on your mental health and is worth paying attention to!
If you'd like to learn how to change your internal stories, be sure to check out The B.S. Method - How To Tell a Better Story in 5 Minutes or Less!
If you like my content, here are some ways to support my channel:
- Follow this blog by clicking "follow" below this post
- Use the tipping option below
- Help me keep the podcast going by donating: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
- Invest in yourself with my Create What You Speak Academy: http://createwhatyouspeak.com
- Sign up for my newsletter: https://sloanefreemont-68049.subscribemenow.com/
- Join my Telegram Channel: https://t.me/createwhatyouspeak
- Leave a positive review for the show in your favorite podcast player: http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1369388267
- Follow the podcast on your favorite podcast player: https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont
- Comment on this post and let me know what you liked and what you learned
- Share https://cointr.ee/sloanefreemont with your friends and on social media so others can listen to the show
- Read and share articles I've published: https://www.publish0x.com/create-what-you-speak?a=jnegL2n3aw&tid=sloanefreemont.com
- Connect on Minds: https://www.minds.com/register?referrer=sloanefreemont
- Connect on Gab: https://gab.com/sloanefreemont
- Join my Gab Group: http://gab.com/groups/25315
- Connect on Gab TV: https://tv.gab.com/channel/sloanefreemont
- Connect on Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@sloanefreemont:5
- Connect on Bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/sloanefreemont/
- Connect on Clouthub https://clouthub.com/sloanefreemont
- Contact me with any questions, suggestions or comments: Sloanefreemont@pm.me