Have been noticing on Publish0x, that some publishers put at the end of their posts, a long list of all their referral links. And some publishers have alot of referral links. Normally I just skip over the list of referral links, as I am not really interested in earning Free Bitcoin from some Faucet. I have been through my Faucet Phase.
Yesterday I was reading a post about Ethereum 2.0 and I noticed the Brave Browser referral link at the bottom of the post. It was saying that if you use their referral link, you will get $5 BAT a few days after installation. It is not the first time I have seen promotions like this with the promise of $5 BAT. Not just on Publish0x but other places as well.
My understanding was that the only place a person was paid to download the Brave Browser, was on Coinbase Earn. That was after watching the 3 educational videos. For doing that you got $US3 BAT for the videos and $US7 for downloading Brave Browser. The payment was immediate, as there was no 30 day wait period as there is now with the current Brave referral program.
Why do people promote their Brave Browser referral links with the promise of payment of $5 BAT?
Some of the possibilities that came to mind.
- the referral program used to pay $5 BAT and they are unaware that the referral program was changed.
- they are getting confused with the Promotional Grants.
- have read it else where and just assumed it was correct and are repeating it. Repeat it enough times and it becomes a fact. That seems to work fine in politics.
- they are purposely misrepresenting.
- they just being plain deceitful.
You can add your own suggestions in the comments.
After a Quick DuckDuckGo Search
Posted on Reddit 29 days ago. (Not sure what the Earn BAT Airdrops refers to).
For new user, you can earn $5 BAT by simply installing and using it for 30days.....
Or from this dodgy looking website:
Make Your $5 Instantly Just By Downloading a Brave Browser & Every Month Too. Make Money With Brave Browser ?
Up till now I had not been able to find anything from Brave that mentions the user getting $5 for downloading the Brave Browser. Other than the previously mentioned promotion that was run through Coinbase Earn.
October 01 2019
The referral system was changed when Brave Publishers made the business decision to move from a global to regional focus. From October 01, 2019 the Brave Verified Publisher or Creator will get paid from $US7.50 to $US1 depending on what regional group the user downloads the browser. The person downloading and installing the Brave Bowser (the user) does not get any payment for doing so. But the user is rewarded with a faster (3x to 6x) and safer (unparalleled privacy and security) browser. Plus the user can opt into Brave Rewards and earn BAT for their attention.
Previously the Brave Verified Publisher or Creator was payment rate was $5.
- Group 1 - $7.50
- Group 2 - $6.50
- Group 3 - $5.00
- Group 4 - $2.00
- Group 5 - $1.00
What Does Brave Have to Say?
When I am Doing My Own Research (aka DYOR) , I prefer to get collaboration from three independent sources. So why not ask the question in a tweet and see what it turns up.
the prompt responses from @BraveSampson
And from Adrian Ivan @adrianivan0010 with Sampson @BraveSampson authoritative response
That is correct
- the user is rewarded with a faster (3x to 6x) and safer (unparalleled privacy and security) browser. Plus the user can opt into Brave Rewards and earn BAT for their attention.
- the Brave Verified Publisher or Creator gets paid for each referral that downloads, installs and uses the Brave browser for minimum of 30 days.
- the person promoting their referral links saying the user will get paid $5 is misinformed or are just being plain deceitful.
I hope you found this post interesting and informative. I always enjoy doing the research and putting it all together.
Feel free to post comments, as getting feedback is how we learn. And as a publisher all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Or a thumbs up if you enjoyed your read.
If you are not already using the Brave Browser on your laptop or mobile devices. You can download and install the Brave Browser by using my referral link