There is a good chance that if you had not previously heard of Uniswap (UNI), you did hear about it through the grapevine during the recent decentralized finance (DeFi) craze of 2020. You might be surprised to learn, however, that Uniswap launched back in November of 2018!
Nobody could blame you for wanting a piece of the action! In this short article, you will find a simple step-by-step tutorial suitable for beginners to intermediate users alike.
By the time you finished, you will have completed the first steps to becoming an expert on the ins and outs of utilizing a decentralized exchange (DEX) like UNI with the most popular web browser wallet on the market today - Metamask.
*If you don’t already have a Metamask wallet installed on your browser, learn to set one up here.
How To Connect Metamask With Uniswap
Now that you have installed the Metamask wallet browser extension, it is time to connect with Uniswap so that you can start trading tokens!
- Step 1: Open your preferred internet browser of choice. (Make sure it’s the same browser that you installed the Metamask extension on!)
- Step 2: Head up to the address bar and type in uniswap.org
- Step 3: Once greeted by the landing page, look at the top-right corner, and you will see a button that says Launch App - click it!
- Step 4: A new page will launch, revealing the Uniswap user interface (UI) that you will use to interact with and swap ERC-20 tokens
- Step 5: Click Connect Wallet located in the upper right-hand corner (the pink button)
- Step 6: Finally, select the appropriate wallet and click Next, followed by “Connect” once the pop-up window appears, displaying your wallet address.
And voila - you are now ready to begin a journey into the exciting world of decentralized finance!
Note: Remember to ALWAYS double-check the web address before pressing confirm and executing your swap - this goes for any DEX you interact with and not just UNI. A good rule of thumb is to bookmark the correct page, as clones and imitators are often looking to steal your hard-earned crypto.