What is the Brave referral program?
If you are a verified content creator with the Brave you'll surely know that you can share your referral link and you'll get rewarded if all this conditions are met:
- An user download brave via referral
- The user installs it
- The user use it for 30 days
Until now the reward were $5 globally, but now they are going to make it variable based on the region of the user.
But why are they doing this now?
From the mail they state:
When we launched the referral program, the goal was to discover which areas would we see the most growth and to test the viability of the referral program as a whole. Our level of zoom was pretty wide (Planet Earth) and the rate was $5 per user, globally. Since then, we have launched our Ads program and we want to shift our level of zoom to more regional efforts, with a specific focus on the areas where we can deliver ads. This is a straightforward business decision.
This makes sense, since it will drive more people using Brave in the regions where they can serve more ads. Until now, the referral program proved it can work quite good for content creators (especially for YouTube verified channels), and hopefully this change will further improve earnings for the majority creators.
What is the roadmap for this?
- August: first email to content creators (already sent)
- September: Announcement posts and reminder email regarding the new rates. Rates change
- October: Last payout of $5 referrals
- November: Dashboard updates and first rate card based payout
What the new regional rates will be?
The regions will be divided in different tiers with their respective rates:
- Tier 1 - $7.50: United States
- Tier 2 - $6.50: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom
- Tier 3 - $5.00: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan
- Tier 4 - $2.00: Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czechia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Montenegro, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay
- Tier 5 - $1.00: all the rest
What else can we expect?
We can expect they'll open ads for countries not yet served following the tier order. Probably most of tier 3 by the end of the year (western Europe almost fully covered).
I personally think this is a great business decision that can positively impact the BAT ecosystem bot in terms of adoption and value. I'm a total newbie in crypto field, so i'll ask you if you think this is the "moment" if you want to invest considering BAT prices and the bright future for this wonderful project.